Yesterday was my due date and nothing yet. I had a prenatal appointment today and I was measuring between 1-2 cm and about 70% effaced. The baby is lower in my pelvis now and my cervix is a bit softer and further forward. All of that really means nothing though since things could progress very rapidly or slowly.
At this point, the plan is that if I’m still pregnant at 41 weeks, I’ll be booked for an ultrasound to check on the baby and then meet with the doctor to discuss the results and our options. The general rule is that I’d be induced at 41 weeks + 3 days (November 7). I am afraid of being induced because it’s supposed to make contractions more intense and it will increase the likelihood that I’ll get an epidural and/or need forceps, vacuum, and/or a c-section. There is another part of me that fears waiting, as our little one is already on the larger size (75th percentile) and growing by the day. And I just learned that J had extra large shoulders at birth. Ultimately, the safe arrival of our little girl is what really matters.