As a woman in my late 20s, I am surrounded by babies and pregnant ladies. When TTC, that can make it both exciting and difficult. Here’s a rundown of the babies/children in my life at the moment:
- My closest cousin has three girls: 8, 5, and just about 2 years old. My cousin and I are both only children and we’re the closest in age of all our cousins. As such, I am “Aunt Ann” to her kids :)
- On J’s side, we have a 13 year old nephew, 17 month old niece, and another nephew or niece on the way.
- One of my close friends has a 10 month old, another has a 6 month old, another has a 4 month old, another is 38 weeks pregnant, and yet another is about 7 weeks pregnant.
- Five coworkers have had babies in the last year.
- There have been countless facebook pregnancy and newborn posts from acquaintances.
All of these babies had me thinking about how it’s so impossible to escape babies (if I even wanted to, which generally I don’t). So it’s pretty hard to keep it off my mind.
* Couldn’t help singing this to myself once I came up with this post’s title